Would you ever BF some elses baby?

I read an article in People Magazine about women who did this to help out a father who's wife died after labor. It was a really touching story. I commend these women for stepping up and helping him out. Some were complete strangers.

I couldn't do it. Could you?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've said it before and I'll say it again...if my breastmilk wasn't good enough for my *own* child, there's no way in hell I'd give it to someone else's child. (I EFF.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I could and would. If a baby needs food and I have it, it would be wrong not too. KWIM?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would, I almost had to for my niece. Only for a few days cause her moms 21st birthday and she wanted to drink, so I said I would but she ended up not going out. I would, I think breast milk is important and if you have it why not use it.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes I would.. if it was an emergency and the baby had nothing to eat. I don't know if I could do it full time, but if a family member or close friend had a child that would really benefit from breast milk vs formula then I would to help that child out.
    cutiepieusa879

Answer by cutiepieusa879 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'd share the wealth.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• In a case like the OP stated or if a close friend or family needed it for a short time due to medical reasons or something important, yes. Randomly, no.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• In this day and age there are things called bottles, and formula..I guess my answer is NO way.

Answer by louise2 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yes, if a baby was hungry I would feed it mother's milk, which is better for the baby.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If the parent asked me I would. But, to be honest, if it were ME, I would rather use formula than give my child another woman's milk. It just weirds me out...just me though,
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Sure, but it would be a pretty huge commitment so I would probably have a few issues. A few times is not a big deal to me but overnight and lack of sleep, not being able to be away from the baby for long... that is where I'd have serious selfishness issues. Oh, and of course provided there was enough milk for my baby too, as long as she needs it.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009