Stay at home moms

Ive noticed now that I spend alot more time at home Im not on top of things the way I used to be, Ive been lazier then usual. Has this happened to anyone else?? I want to become more active and get things done like I used to.

Bri160

Asked by Bri160 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• yeah me but i think that's just normal for us moms since were always home we might not do as much as we used to do so we get lazy...but don't worry there's going to be days when you want to do everything but try to go out to the park and run walk around with the kids and you might just get your energy back....
    Anonymous

• Same here... I even told my husband i wanted to go back to work because I feel like a bum but he doesn't want.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes! OMG I used to be so organized when I worked. Now, I have trouble motivating myself. I also have gained about 10 lbs. and need to lose it.
    Anonymous

• Ok i thought it was just me, but as of tomorow im going to try and get out of the rut im in, Iplan on going back to school and work in Sep and honestly if I continue like this I wont even make it a day. Im going to try and have a mental scedule so I can get things done. I used to be the queen of organization and now that im home i just push things to the side which is horriable because they never get done. And I know when sep rolls around and I have no time to get anything done ill be regreting all the free time I had now
    Bri160

Answer by Bri160 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have ups and downs that way.... but mainly I feel the same way as you. I have just begun looking for a part time job so that maybe I won't feel so lazy anymore......
    MommasHereBaby

Answer by MommasHereBaby at 3:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No. I find that I get plenty done. I just get down because I have no "outside world" anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes! The more you have to do, the more you get done! It is human nature.... But, if you can just enjoy the time at home, enjoy it! It is so nice to have that flexibility and the luxury of all that time with your young children! It can be hard too, especially in the middle of winter it seems. It is also helpful to have a few friends who are home too and you can get together for a cup of coffee or a walk or something to pass the time and have some fun. I worked when my daughter was little and it was so hectic rushing, rushing....By the time my son was born 8+ years later I was ready to stay home for a while. It was so nice not to have to rush....But it also got boring and yes, I got less done. Well, the time went by and I am back to working again. I am off for 8 weeks over the summer and this is the first week and I am struggling not to lose my mind with boredom (at least partially due to the terrible weather).
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• YES! I feel the same way. I hate being home alone and feeling like I have to do everything. I have started a workout routine with my brother and that seems like the most productive thing I do. :) I would love to get a job and feel like I am really contributing something besides my home maker skills :)
    Carrie8508

Answer by Carrie8508 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Its borning if you dont have friends who are moms as well.. Today Im trying to just get what I need done, it always better when you have an adult to talk to. Im just enjoying all the time that I can with my daughter I know ill def be missing it when im away from her. And cleaning used to be a stress reliever now its something I have to be in the mood to do, i must snap out of this lazines Im going threw.
    Bri160

Answer by Bri160 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yea i find myself super lazy .as a stay home mom. I would like to do something but I don't know what. Sometimes I don't even want to lerave the house.
    Anonymous