who lets their children????

who here lets their children hit ??? i mean like if they have other kids around them and the other kids hit them first do you let your kid hit them back or you stop them? i have a 22 month old baby girl and i let her hit them back cuz this Lil boy is always picking on her i'm i a bad mom cuz i do this i also teach her to hit like I'll tell her like this make a fist like if your going to sock someone or pull their hair or scratch them...i fell really bad but this Lil boy is 3 almost 4 and my baby is only 22 months i didn't think its fair and then his parents are always there just looking and don't tell him nothing so i get really mad...who else lets their kids do this??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• depends. if i'm just sitting on the sidelines, and i see a kid hit mine, i see what he does first. he almost never hits, i've taught him not to hit. (and yes, i spank) if the child is still hitting him, aggrivating him, whatever, and my son does nothing, I get in the middle of it and say something to the other child. especially if the parent's aren't doing anything, if they get mad then i tell them to start watching their kid and do something about it. but that's me. now my husband, he likes to teach my son to ball his hands in fists and "box" lol. he's deployed right now so he's had a "break" from that. i guess i just leave that stuff for daddy lol
    Anonymous

• well i think thats the problem with the 3 yr old ( well hes her cousin) that the parent dont say or do anything and i tell them can you tell him to stop and still they don't do anything and i tell the lil boy to stop and he doesn't listen they just say you don't want no body to touch her like if shes gold...which to me she more than gold but i guess their just ignorant people..
    Anonymous

• i have a 3 yr old boy, he knows if he is hit first he is supposed to defend himself, it is so sad that he has to know that from preschool! bullies start at a young age, so do victims, you have to teach your kid to stand up for themselves. i have been a teacher so i do not hesitate to talk to other people's kids if they need to be corrected, most honestly dont mind it because i reinforces what they already have said to them, others get offended which means they are embarrassed to be in that situation and are more likely to not let their child do that same thing again for fear of embarrassment in the future, the boy is her cousin?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• if it is in-laws have dh talk to his sibling, or if it is your fam talk to them and let them know next time the baby is hit you are going to spank their boy. i would have FREAKED if my son was pushed around at that age and any relative of mine who did it would be spanked without a thought... jmo
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• By the way, I tell my son to hit a kid, if the other kid hits him first...His school and therapist don't agree, he should just go tell someone. I'm not raising no bitch boy...if my kid gets hit and he didn't defend himself, I would be more upset than if he got suspended from school for giving that kid what he deserved.Kids are little jerks now, i dont know what it is, but my son practically has to have a bag of gold on him for kids to want to play
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Even if it is justified I stop my child, state "We do not hit, if they hit you then you need to tell mommy or their mommy."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My ds is a bit older than your dd, he's 4 and with all the talk of bullies and stuff we put him in Karate. I told him that he has my permission to defend himself with blocks, not punches. Best thing I ever did because now his sister can't pick on him, lol. I told him he knows how to take someone down without hitting them but if left with no other choice he can. I also taught him that if a bigger kid is picking on him and won't leave him alone he can hit him if the other kid hits him first.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• hehe. We had a big girl in our day care class. We had one other kids who was really mean and time outs didn't work. So everynow and then we'd have this girl go hit him. She was manture enough to understand not to do it unless there was a reason. :)

Anyhow, I think what you are doing is OK. The key is to teach them there is a time a place for different activities. Hitting is not always OK, but can be such as in this situation. Sometimes a bully really does need a taste of his own crap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• an eye for an eye makes the world blind...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009