advice on how to move on without my babys dad?

he thinks that the baby is not his, im 16 and 3 months preg and i have been so stressed because of my babys dad and i still love him but dont want to be with him, and he dont want to be with me either so how do i get over him? i lived with him and the baby couldnt be anyones but his.

wishingmommy1

Asked by wishingmommy1 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 25 and 17 weeks preg. My ex and I planned this baby and now he wants nothing to do with it. Granted I left him before i knew i was preg. but when i told him about it he was all happy at first. Now (just a month later) I havent spoken to him at all. The only advice i can give you is if he doesnt want to be there dont try to force him because its just going to cause problems. If he wants to be an ass he is the one who will regret the time he missed. When it comes to my situation my ex asked me the last time we did talk if i wanted him to give up his rights, i have recently found out if he does he will still have to pay support so i am doing what i can to get the papers ready so that later in the babys life he cant just barge in and demand to see it. I figure that is going to cause more problems.

Just remember everything happens the way its supposed to so just relax and do what you need to do to survive.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Honey.. you are 16, you don't know what love it. Here's some advice... cut out all the drama out of your life now and maybe your baby will stand a chance in life. Go back to school, graduate.. get a good paying job and stop worrying about men!
    Anonymous

• Just because you are 16 doesn't mean you don't know what love is. Anon is so wrong about that. I do agree however, that you should graduate and do what's best for your baby. When he/she is born, get a paternity test and an order for child support. If all he is going to do is cause you stress and heartache, you need to take that to heart and try it by yourself for a while. Someday you will find someone who deserves you, until then, you be the woman your baby deserves!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• well 1st move out after that you take one day at a time and things just get better lil by lil you have to try to move on you are young and you will do just fine without him
    mommy_of_32be

Answer by mommy_of_32be at 11:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i went through that exact thing, i thought he was everything, but he dint want me and we stopped talking, for sure i missed him most days and cried about it but when my daughter was born he called and said he loved me and the baby and wanted to make it right...his way of making it right was leaving me somehwhere when he said hed be right back but never came back and i ended up gettin raped by his stupid ass frineds and the next day he beat the crap out of me, starting with a fist to the face while i was holidng my 5 month old daughter. he ruptured my ear drum and i still have probelms with it 3 yrs later.they all ended up locked up for anywhere 6 months to 5 yrs all with probabtion after they are all released. so maybe u should consider yourself lucky, he was never that kind of guy to hurt anyone but in the end he wasnt the same person i knew anymore.
    Anonymous

• One last thing just because i am 25 i do know where you are comming from I have no savings and i had to move cross country to move back in with my mother and i have no job. I know it will be hard for you but keep tryiing things will get better!
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• This Anon is gettin on my last nerve...if you look around you can pretty well tell who she has answered..If she has nothing better to do than critisize and judge everyone then she needs to get a life of her own,sounds like a bitter b***h who has nothing but time..,ignore her..you may only be 16 but some people find their true love at that age but if you can already tell he's no good for you or the baby get rid of him..I'm 28 years old with 4 kids(ages 6,7,8,10) and married their father because of them.longest 10 years of my life and most miserable for me and the kids.I knew better but wanted their daddy around for them,big mistake.It is going to be hard and prob alot of heartache but you need to move on,focus on you and the baby and figue out a plan to finish school and have a reliable sitter and what to do next after school. Try college,and then you could have a descent job.focus on you and baby and forget him..
    Neveah458

Answer by Neveah458 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• and another thing, some colleges have it set up to help with childcare and stuff like that, check it out but your main concern is the baby and making the best life you can for the both of you. I may have been married but not once did he lift a hand to help with the kids or house or even pay a bill. I did it all alone and it's been tough but i'm doing it.you need anything feel free to email me ...best of luck and god bless
    Neveah458

Answer by Neveah458 at 3:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2009