Ouch! My 16 month old fell and hit her face

My daughter was just running through the living room when she tripped over her own feet and went face first into the leg of our card table that our computers sit on (we are going to change that tonight). She hit her cheek on the part that makes the legs fold out and it bruised instantly. She cried and cried and I feel horrible because I know it had to hurt... should I consider taking her to the ER or just keep an eye on her.. she seems to be doing ok now, back to her normal playing self.

Just looking for any kind of advice.. its the first time she's really ever hurt herself.. granted I know it won't be the last.

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 10:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's probably fine. If you are worried though her pedi probably has an after hours number or you can call the ER hospital and ask if they have a pedi on-call you can speak to and ask them what they think.
    Anonymous

• She should be fine. As long as she is back to acting normal, I wouldn't worry about taking her to the doctor.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't even call. The bruise will be gone in a few days. Don't poke at it though...that would be mean. ;-)
    Sagely

Answer by Sagely at 11:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My son tripped over his own feet and bashed his face on a toy. Now he's got a nasty bruise on one side of his face. Poor little guy. But the only thing those kind of owies need is a big hug and cuddle and a kiss from mommy.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• believe ur heart. if she seems ok then shes most likely fine. but maybe wake her up every 2 hrs make sure she focuses on u. my son is always doing things like this and the first time he went to sleep and i couldnt get him to wake up so called 911 and they sadated him did a xray and he was fine. so trust ur heart
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 1:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'm impressed that she made it to 16 months before getting an injury! Kudos to you. I swear, every picture of my son includes a bruise or scrape of some sort. I watch him like a hawk, too. He's just a happy, healthy, and ACTIVE two year old.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009