• In the Spotlight:

Can you say that you truly love your MIL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes I can. And do. My mother in law is a wonderful, loving, giving woman. She absolutely refuses to butt in but is always there to listen to us. She says she's no expert on marriage or child rearing so she won't tell us how to be married or how to deal with our kids. I love her to pieces.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 10:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I can! My mil is so sweet, and not pushy. I know I am very lucky! She adopted me into the family after meeting me for the first time after about 5 min!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes I can!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I truly love my MIL. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have the Husband and kids I have! She has never once stepped on my toes and tells me all the time that she's proud of the Wife and Mother I am. Even if I didn't care for her I still would have respect for her for raising such an amazing Man.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My MIL & I have a history so no, I can't say that I love her. I don't respect the choices she had made in her life & after we caught her loser BF smoking weed in our garage, we refuse to let them stay in our home. She always has an excuse for not seeing us or our children--"Oh, I bought Christmas presents but didn't have the money to mail them." Um, hello, it has been 1 1/2 years since then & she still doesn't have the postage money? Why even say crap like that? We have never demanded that she send us anything or even asked her for anything so why the lies? Ok, I'm venting now, lol. I wish things were different. On the plus side, I love my step-MIL.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• HAHAHAHA is this a trick question?? lol
    Anonymous

• I can't say that I love my MIL as I do not really know her. My husband's family does not come around, even during the holidays and on birthdays they are scarce, so I don't really know any of them. Also , my MIL also speaks Spanish and I do not so it is very difficult for me to communicate with her when I do see her.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 10:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Very much so. She is a sweet woman. She makes lots of good food Patty414
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Lord knows I try.
    Anonymous

• I love of her ofcourse but she drives me crazy sometimes!!!!!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009