Clogged Tear Duct

My 2month old has had it since he was born. The dr. said it should go away on its own and if it doesnt they will do a procedure to fix it. Has anyone else's baby had a clogged tear duct? Did it go away on its own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest grandbaby who just turned one had them, and they did open up on their own.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My DD is 4 months and yet to show real tears so I feel you. We are hoping nature will run its course. Because her vision is fine I dont want to get any operations done this young. Don't know how I would feel if she actually had tears when she cried!!!!
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my ds will be 7 weeks 2morrow and his jst cleared up last week
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My son has a clogged duct... it's mostly better now at almost a year but sometimes when he gets a cold it still gets goopy. His doctor said he could have surgery to fix it if it's not better at a year... but I think we will just wait I don't want them to probe it!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My DD had a clogged duct at a few months old, it did go away after a week or so. I was told warm compresses to the eye, and to use my (clean) pinky and gently massage under the eye close to the duct a few times a day. I don't know if that would work if it was something your son was born with. GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 11:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my son had this problem. he didnt outgrow it till he was about 5-6 months old if i remember correctly. it would go away but come back and finally it went away for good. what helpped was rubbing the area where the ducts were in a clockwise direction about 10 different circles in each duct location. hang in there and goodluck!!
    nevaehsmomma83

Answer by nevaehsmomma83 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009