What are must haves for when I bring my newborn home?

2 months until my baby girl comes & want to make sure I have everything.

bri_bojang

Asked by bri_bojang at 10:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a lot!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• plenty of onsies, blankets, burp rags, receiving blankets, GAS DROPS!!!!, bottles, formula (unless bf) & patience!! lol of ofcourse diapers, wipes & alcohol for her belly button
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• diaper, wipes, bassinet, you don't even need a crib yet, baby bath tub, onsies, sleepers, formula, bottles (if you FF) pump, (if you BF), i've found a pack n play helps so she can sleep in the living room for naps, you can keep an eye on her, you don't need it though, you can use the couch. baby lotion, soap, wash cloths, towels, shampoo, to be honest you don't even need baby powder or oil, that's all you actually NEED for like the first couple months. take the first couple months to get what you will need later down the road. oh and also, alot of people, like me, absolutely HAS to have a diaper gene. those things are a complete waste of money. a normal trash can with a lid is just fine.
    Anonymous

• oh yeah lol burp rags in case your baby is a spitter upper, thankfully mine wasn't, neither of them were. and like the pp said, get gas drops for just in case too. thankfully i didn't need those for my kids either.
    Anonymous

• Diapers, wipes, sleepers/onesies, crib or place to sleep, receiving blankets (great for swaddling, and burp cloths), bouncer, sling, diaper bag, gas drops, nasal aspirator (though hospital will most likely give it to you). Finally lots of patience and love. Have fun, so far its been an amazing adventure or me. GL!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 10:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• oops, HAD not has...about the diaper gene sorry
    Anonymous

• boobs, diapers, spit up rags, onsies, and blankets.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh boy. lol.....burp cloths, receiving blankets (can also be used as burp cloths), bottles if you're are going to FF or are going to BF but want to pump so others can enjoy feeding time, sleepers, onsies, blankets, a swing(if possible. its soothing for the baby), bassinet/crib/pack-n-play...whatever you feel is best and more convenient, plenty of diapers and wipes, Gas drops....they are wonders! baby bath tub and washcloths, towels, soap/shampoo, pacifiers if you want to use those. Diaper bag of course. I prefer the larger size because i tend to over pack for my DD(i take "better safe than sorry" to the limit. lol).

If you will be using bottles, make sure you have enough so you're not washing them constantly. If you have a dishwasher, they make the basket for the nipples and lids to wash but its not a need if you want to sterilize by boiling.
    Anonymous

• A camera!!!That was my number one, lol.I agree with the others-bottles,formula(even if bfing,just in case-if you have an emergency and need it),burp cloths,diapers,wipes,a bouncer that vibrates(helps move the gas, lol),swing,blankets that are big enough to swaddle(or swaddlers with velcro),pacifiers,onesies(I like the long sleeved zip ups, keeps them warm in a house with a/c),gas drops,car seat(and a base for each vehicle),stroller,bassinet(its great to roll them from room to room-it was waaay easier for me than carrying her, I had a c-sect),changing table(or pack-n-play with changer),baby tub,the book "What to expect the First Year",baby book to write milestones in,a baby first aid kit,baby monitor,diaper bag. And I would suggest checking around to find a good pediatrician-your first appt will be days after the baby is born so its would be good to have one in mind.And a casserole in the freezer so you don't have to cook-GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 11:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• There are a lot of things, of course, but one thing I use the most is the Boppy Lounger. It's a bog circular pillow that you can set the baby in. Mine is 4 weeks old and she honestly spends half the day in the pillow!! Everyone says to get a bouncy seat but when they are newborns those chairs seem too big. You can move the pillow from room to room so easily and it seems much more comfortable than the chairs too............that's my 2 cents!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009