What causes numbness and tingling in arms and hands?

Here in the past few days, everytime I would turn my head, or whole body, to check on my kids behind me, when I turned around, I will get a tingling and numbness feeling like someone had a bunch of static and shocked me. I will go from my shoulders down to the tip of my fingers. It is driving me crazy!!! Any thoughts and views will be greatly appreciated.

4lovelykids

Asked by 4lovelykids at 10:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Health

• Go to the doctor, it could be something serious.
    Anonymous

• Something with your muscles. I agree, go to the doctor.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• maybe a pinched nerve? before i read your symptom-causing actions, i was thi nking, carpel tunnel, diabetes...idk..i'd have it checked out soon.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Several things can cause numbness/tingling in your hands. Carpal/cubital tunnel, epicondylitis, neuralgia, etc. You should go to the doctor to get a definitive diagnosis. Each comes with a specific onset of symptoms and diagnostic studies to confirm.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would guess it is a nerve or something I would check with a doc
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2009