What is the best smelling clothes detergent?

So I have tried everything on the market and I need to know what everyone thinks smells the best. I have tried the most expesive and the cheapest and I want to find something that lingers on your clothes during the day. :)

Asked by mrstremblay at 10:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use Purex Naturals either Apple (something) or lilly (something). I like the smell and the price is great also!

Answer by shanny35 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Gain Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Use Downey during the rinse cycle. That lasts way better throughout the day than any detergent does. I use Tide and love the way it smells, but it doesn't linger. I hate smelled great being poured in, but my clothes always smelled dingy for some reason. I bought it on sale and used it for a month and was done with it and went back to good ol' Tide, lol.

• tide april fresh with april fresh drier sheets or tide with lavendar aqnd the same drier sheets

Answer by heavenlypeace at 11:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i agree with madisonsmom .....Gain Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I also say Gain Joyful Expressions. I love it

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My favorite smell is the Mountain Spring scented Tide and Downy.

Answer by Christina807 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I love original Gain, but you'll really have to experiment for yourself. Someone said lavender, but lavender makes me nauseous, so I'd hate that detergent. Liquid fabric softener really leaves a scent that lingers even more than the detergent, but I do love the way the laundry smells with Gain. And you can never beat the smell of clothes hung out to dry on the clothes line.

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• To me, the best is unscented. The perfumes just make me nauseous and give me a bad headache.  My sister-in-law washed my car seat cover once in some scented stuff.  I had to wash it 6 times after that to get the smell out.  Until I did, I got a migrane every time I drove the car.  Ugh!

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• In general, the scents in commercial laundry detergents are fairly toxic. Your family will be healthier if you use an unscented product and add a few drops of an essential oil to your washer.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009