What is the best smelling clothes detergent?

So I have tried everything on the market and I need to know what everyone thinks smells the best. I have tried the most expesive and the cheapest and I want to find something that lingers on your clothes during the day. :)

mrstremblay

Asked by mrstremblay at 10:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use Purex Naturals either Apple (something) or lilly (something). I like the smell and the price is great also!
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Gain Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Use Downey during the rinse cycle. That lasts way better throughout the day than any detergent does. I use Tide and love the way it smells, but it doesn't linger. I hate Gain...it smelled great being poured in, but my clothes always smelled dingy for some reason. I bought it on sale and used it for a month and was done with it and went back to good ol' Tide, lol.
    Anonymous

• tide april fresh with april fresh drier sheets or tide with lavendar aqnd the same drier sheets
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 11:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i agree with madisonsmom .....Gain Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I also say Gain Joyful Expressions. I love it
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My favorite smell is the Mountain Spring scented Tide and Downy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I love original Gain, but you'll really have to experiment for yourself. Someone said lavender, but lavender makes me nauseous, so I'd hate that detergent. Liquid fabric softener really leaves a scent that lingers even more than the detergent, but I do love the way the laundry smells with Gain. And you can never beat the smell of clothes hung out to dry on the clothes line.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• To me, the best is unscented. The perfumes just make me nauseous and give me a bad headache.  My sister-in-law washed my car seat cover once in some scented stuff.  I had to wash it 6 times after that to get the smell out.  Until I did, I got a migrane every time I drove the car.  Ugh!

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• In general, the scents in commercial laundry detergents are fairly toxic. Your family will be healthier if you use an unscented product and add a few drops of an essential oil to your washer.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009