How many IUI attempts before BFP?

I am 29 and about to do my first clomid IUI cycle. All of my tests have come back nl, so as far we know I don't have any problems that would interfere with the IUI (We are doing IUI for severe male-factor infertility). I'm just curious to find out how many cycles it took before BFP and what meds were used. The RE quoted a 20-30% success rate per cycle, but I was curious if this is really true. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are being monitored and your RE is good at timing the IUI that might be an accurate success rate. I used stronger drugs, which meant more egss and a greater chance for fertilization, and My RE told me 30 - 35%. I was pregnant with twins after my second IUI with injectible meds. We didn't have any male factor issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We had male factor issues and we only tried IUI twice I figured if it didn't work after 2 times it probably wasn't going to. My RE said with severe male factor IVF may be your only option. However when we did IUI we didn't use meds so maybe you'll have better luck. My husband had low motility and abnormal morphology his count was good. So we jumped into the world of IVF and hopefully 6/29 we'll know if we're pregnant or not!! :) Good luck!
    kaydeejean

Answer by kaydeejean at 3:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2009