lead poisioning

ok my dg is 2 and we just found out a few weeks ago her lead level is high weve done 3 test and the last one was higher yet (31) ppl came in and did lead tests on my mothers and my home and found lead in our woodwork due to it being built b4 1950 and a few spots were really high i have a son thats level is fine they only due one thing diff and thats at my mothers window where they are working outfront redoing pipes but i just remembered that i do her nails is there anyway that the nail polish could have lead in and make it this high?? she does bite it off b4 i relize it and then take it off ... i need any advice for this im going nuts im scared shes going to get effected by this the doc says she shouldnt cuz "its not that high yet" but she dont get another test done for a month im just scared shoitless rite now what did i do wrong to have this happen to her ...

cocobutt2002

Asked by cocobutt2002 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that level our doc said he would be sending my son to the hsoptial for chelation therapy. He was 1 year old at the time. I would definitely not be painting her nails anymore and do a google search on natural chelating foods to help bring her levels down quicker. If I remember correctly it is things like dark leafy greens and what not. I would also be talking to the doctor and asking a lot more questions. The health department sent a woman out to interview me and counsel me on how to help with this. That may be a state to state thing though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• AUTHOR ---- thankz and yes ive had someone come out and check everything and so on and talk to me bout helping to keep the dust and stufff down i do have pappers they gave me for foods to help bring it down mayb since shes older and want to see if we can find the source they arnt doing the chelation thing yet idk im just worried its going to effect her down the line and shes going to have problems in school shes so smart already i dont want this to hurt her in anyway as far as the docs im not too sure they know alot about this cuz when i asked him if it could b from them working outfront he said no but they lead lady said its a good possiblity
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2009