haveing c-section

i had 2 c_sections with Eric cuz he was faceing up so they made me have a c-section when i had Alissa they just gave me another one this time i dont want a c-section but do i have to????

mommy_of_32be

Asked by mommy_of_32be at 11:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it depends on the hospital. some will do a vbac- vaginal birth after c-section.. check with your doc
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• no. after you've had 2 c-sections, vbacs aren't allowed. i've had 2 as well
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You need to research your options. Call your local hospitals and see what their policies are about VBA2C, then you need to call all the doctors in your local area (and midwives too) and see who will support it.

I will tell you right now, though, that you are quite likely to have another one, even if you have very supportive hospitals and doctors in your area. Know how I can tell? Because you said the doctor "made you" have a C-section. No one can make you have an unnecesarean (which both of yours were). You are not ready to take charge of your birth experiences. You and only you are responsible for the outcome. You are in a victim mindset, and you place yourself below the doctor in authority ranking over your birth. YOU have to be the boss of your own birth experiences, and not let docs boss you around.

I say this in all kindness, please don't be mad. And it's OKAY if you're not ready to take charge, too. Know thyself :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Armywife, that's untrue. Here in Colorado you can even have a homebirth after 2 Csections.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No, there is no medical reason for repeated c-section. The need for c-section varies from pregnancy to pragnancy. It is your choice.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You'd have to find both a hospital and a doctor who'd support a vaginal after 2 sections, not only a hospital. Doctors can push through things even if hospitals don't want them. I had a labor ending section then two additional sections for my last two kids. Doctors, midwives, hospitals probably would need to review your records first to decide for sure. Some moms feel incomplete, not good women or moms if they don't have a vaginal birth. I didn't feel that at all. I wanted the healthiest me and baby each time I could have. I researched my doctors (different states each baby's birth) and also I researched different hospitals for what I wanted. Hope you don't feel you're not a good enough mom because of your first section. How the baby gets born isn't as important as how the baby is in utero and mom too and how both mommy and baby are after delivery. I urge you to do your research and make a decision.
    Anonymous

• I'm having a VBA2C next month. You most definitely can, finding the caregiver is the hard part. A midwife is better, but I ran into the problem that most (in my area anyways) won't do VBACs period, and the rest are swamped. Good luck. The most important thing to realize is that NO ONE can make you have any surgery without your permission.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It depends on your dr and on your hospital's policy. It also depends how long ago you had your last c-section. If it was less than 2 years ago, your dr may feel that the scar tissue hasn't healed well enough to hold up to a vaginal delivery.

Talk to your dr. Ask lots of questions. I've had 2 c-sections and I don't blame you one bit for not wanting another. The recovery is terrible.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Facing up is NOT a reason for a c-section. What were they thinking!? Sorry they did that to you. A lot of babies are born that way, or they turn position sponatneously during labor or just before delivery. Screw hospital policies...their random policies is what caused the problem in the first place.

You Do NOT have to have a repeat c-section. You've got to stand up for yourself. Visit the ICAN website: http://www.ican-online.org/
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2009