how do you know diffrence between puke and spit up? referring to one month old.

trying to determine if one month old baby is spitting up or puking? The contents are white like curdled milk. I am concerned about the amount of the spit up. baby has much gas all the time and taking more than 10 oz milk a day, I am breast feeding and pumping bottels. out 4 oz. a day by bottle.

LukeMakana

Asked by LukeMakana at 11:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with a baby that young spit up usually occurs as a drizzle and sometimes by projectile. If it is curdled then it has been on the tummy for awhile. You might want to check with the pedi just to be sure, but they told me that if it doesn't bother the baby then it shouldn't bother you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It is puke if it is yellowish. I comes from down deep in the stomach when it is that color.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If the baby has alot of gas, I suggest trying some gas drops. They help so much.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My suggestion here would be make sure that you're burping the baby in the middle of feedings and directly afterwards.... for gas try pumping the legs and rubbing the tummy to get the bowels moving and help relieve the gas bubbles... If that isn't working try altering your diet. Something you are eating can be interfering with your baby's digestion. Possibly cow's milk, or anything spicy that you've recently eaten?? A lot of the time babies have an intolerance to the animal protein in milk and it passes from you to your child in your breastmilk, switching to soy milk can help eleviate the problem.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• OMG such great answers. Way to go Mommies. That's so nice to give such good advice.
    You know we could all use this support. Yes, I agree the burping between feedings is good.
    They sometimes eat alot and don't stop eating but need to burp to keep them from being too full.
    Also great answer. I had to use the gas drops for our 2 sons when they were smaller.
    Blessings to you.
    Success with your baby.
    flea575

flea575

Answer by flea575 at 3:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• thank you all for answers for the heart , I am helping new mom she has no time to type on computer. We are greatful, this one month old male is running to girls it's funny and tiring.
    We appreciate you time Mahalo sisters
    LukeMakana

Answer by LukeMakana at 4:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2009