Begining second trimester & UNDER WEIGHT ???

OK, I need help I was an adverage 5'2'' 137 IBS at 6weeks pregnant... but with morning sickness & being diagnosed with the "excessive vommiting while pregnant disease" & yes, on medication to help

I have still lost a ridiculous amount of weight, my wedding rings dont fit anymore, my pants are a little looser etc.

I think the ONLY thing that gives away that fact i am pregnant is that I've gained 3bra sizes!! (oh god-wow)

My Dr said it's normal to loose a lot of weight in the begining, and with "my condition" it's reasonable & the best advice he can give me is "to EAT MORE, puke less" & other then the fact i am super skinny, both baby & i are a 100% healthy

@ 14weeks pregnant, I weigh a wopping 113 IBS !! uhmmm

does anyone have any advice??
Yes, my vomiting has subsided a substantual amount; Ive gone from vommiting 18-25x a day down to 3-6x daily
but i still cant seem to gain the weight, any suggestions?

KalieGirl

Asked by KalieGirl at 11:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• previous poster... she already said that she is on meds!

I had hyperemesis (the "disease" that you are referring to) during all three of my pregnancies. I too lost tons of weight during my the first 14 weeks. During my first two pregnancies I lost so much weight that I was unable to put it all back on during the remainder of my pregnnacies (I was 11 pounds under with one and 9 pounds under with the other) This time I have only lost 7 pounds so I am sure I will end up being over my pre pregnancy weight when I deliver.

Both of my babies were born healthy and fine so even though it was so crappy for me... it turned out great for them:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• try to hold more food down.you cant gain weight by throwing it back up.ask him for medication to help with the morning sickness.your doc will give it to you only if necessary.eat salted ccrackers n drink gingerale.im 7 months prego about to be 8 and im only 132 but the doc says im healthy as well as the baby.i was 110 when i was 2 months.i say the problem is holding your food down.i hope i helped
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009