Bedtime???

Being that its summer i have been a little easy...ok alot easy on the bedtimes thing what time do you think is a good summer bedtime, or should it even change? A few of my friends keep stopping by and saying its summer let them stay up? MY KIDS ARE 4 & 5!!!!! im afarid since my daughter starts school next year if im asking for trouble or judt wait awhile till the school year gets closer ( like my mom did) till i crack the whip?

Brandy8308

Asked by Brandy8308 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids bedtime stay the same year round. I'm a little more relaxed about it though. If we are out doing something and we get home a little late, no biggie. I just send them to bed when they get home. Usually in the summer there is more stuff going on and more need for rest. My ds is 4 and goes to bed at his normal time - 8:30. My dd who is 7 requires a bit more sleep and goes to bed at 8. No matter how tired I get her she can't sleep past 7 am, even if I keep her up until 11 or midnight. You do what's best for your kids not what your friends think is best.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son went to bed at 11 this whole week...is that wrong???He's 8
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my daughter is 5 and she stays up until 9-930 during the summer..as for starting school..all you have to do is about 1-2 weeks before school starts put them back on the schedule you want them on, that way their body adjusts to it..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My LO's bed time stays the same for the most part, but as you said, because it is summer we can relax that a bit depending on what is going on. My teen DD's can go to bed when they like, they usually swim after the little ones are in bed. Our pool has lights in it, so it is a favorite activity for the girls and their friends. When school is in, we try to shoot for having them at least in their room and ready for bed by 10, but as long as they keep their grades up I really don't demand they get in bed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009