how long?

how far along do you have to be befor you can feel your baby move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 17 weeks and still haven't felt anything but i have been hearing as early as 10 weeks.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i was 19 weeks. i felt her move he first time when i was sitting on the toilet peeing lol!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It depends entirely on the pregnancy, body type, and if there has been a previouos pregnancy. Some feel it as early as 15 weeks as a very, very faint "flick". Others do not feel movement until near 20 weeks.

Women who have had a previous pregnancy tend to notice movement earlier because they generally do not mistake it for some other reason like a gas bubble or are just more aware. Women with more room in their torso may not feel movement until later becasue the baby simply has more jostling space. First pregnancies it takes longer to notice and that is quite usual.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i agree w/ amilee. With my first I didn't feel her until around 20 weeks. It was my first and she was a lazy baby. My second I felt at about 16 weeks. she was a bit more active. With my third child...I felt her at 9 weeks! Seriously no joking about it. At first I was like no way...and refused to tell anyone what i was feeling...but it just got stronger and stronger every single day. It felt like wiggling! Anyway this was my third baby and she is a VERY active baby. This child won't stop going...in utero and out! LOL... anyway I doubt I would have felt her that early if she'd been my first because I would have mistaken it for something else.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 5:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2009