The NO monster!!!

I am lost at what to do as punishment for my 3 yr old who constantly talks back and say no.. I have tried time out, taking away toys, the dreaded spanking.. I dont know what to do. I can send the kid to his room and take everything away he will play with the freaking carpet or tag on his blanket.. its like nothing phases him. I dont want to spank him, but that seems to be the only thing that works sometimes. (when I say sometimes maybe 1 out of 4 tries) Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When he back talks, do you get upset? Raise your voice? Get red in the face?
    Then you are rewarding him. He has found a way to feel powerful. He can make you react to something. Take away the reward. Stay calm. No yelling, no screaming, no angry faces.

Get a copy of "1,2,3 Magic" from the library or bookstore. I gave it a try and WOW. When I remember to use it, it works. Calmly and quickly. The whole house just feels different.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2009