• In the Spotlight:

Please help...........military spouse

What can I do? My dh is military, and we are pcsing next month. We are moving because my dh found another airman that would switch bases with us. We DID NOT know that we are responsible for the total moving expences. Uhaul, TLAF ect. We are already BROKE! We are doing good to put food on the table ect (NO we are NOT living beyond our means.) I have major doctor bills ect....We have 0 moneys, and little food, and can barley pay our electric bill. We COULD get help from the Military MAYBE, but about 2 years ago, we had custody of my brother and were struggling hard core. We got aid, and they told him if he did it again, he could get an article 15 (which is bad) or possibly discharged for being financialy unstable. I have posted for help on once upon a hero, got told to get a loan, (that is a horrible idea at this point) What can I do? We are REALLLLY stressing....the move is gonna cost over `1k..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• what about your family or his and no hon the army can not do that discharge a family for that that is crap or it should be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• honestly, if you are moving for orders u are not resposible and if u are for some odd reason then you sell your stuff and only take what u need.. they are just things...
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Why is it the military won't move you? And I thought they would imburse you for your move if you did it yourself. IF they do, I would go to pioneer lending and try to get a loan there then repay it when they imburse you. What about selling some stuff to make it less expensive? When SO and I pcs we sell our couch, entertainment center and everything big so it's a cheaper move. It also makes no sense to me as to why he would get a discharge for needing help.... but I must be missing a piece of info. Where are you guys moving from? I really hope everything gets better or something pops up that will make this a lot easier! I wish you luck and in the end, it will work out.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It is a BIG NO NO to be "financially insecure" in the military! and we have to pay for it because we asked to move. They didnt make us. We didnt know that we would have to pay for it. Yes they pay, but only if they ask you to move. We offered. He got a major yellin when he asked for help last time....and I cant sell our stuff, cribs, furniture, what little food we have, pictures, clothes....because I dont have the money to replace them. We live off base (it is cheaper) and they wont sell our stuff....the land lord might......im just majorly stressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Just doesn't sound right. They gave you aid ONCE and said if you needed it again, he'd get an article 15? We've gotten several AER loans (if that is what you are referring to) and never had they threatened to do that. Those were for major expenses. That is odd. I could understand if you guys had gotten alot of them, but just one?
    I agree with the first poster, that doesn't sound right. Some other info must me missing?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure, I do know his "first shirt" is an ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!! IDK anything else.......that is the only aid we recieved. It is all paid back now.........idk....its really frustrating. And for those that asked we are going from Little Rock AFB to hurlburt fields in FL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The other thing is the military SPEAKS of being "financially secure" when so many families are barely making it, have terrible credit and have came into the military financially struggling. My husband had credit issues (school loans and other things) getting into the military. We have friends who had money issues. I haven't known anyone to actually get discharged because of it. The military needs soldiers too much I suppose.
    You said you asked for help ONCE. Go to the chaplain, shit DO SOMETHING before the move!
    This is the problem with the military. They do not know how to support (COC, superiors, NCOs) their soldiers. They didn't in my husbands unit. (he is out now, got out in january :-)

I'm glad that life is over for us!

Try getting a loan in general if you can't get one with the military. If you can. Alot of places are cutting of military from accessing loans.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Hey I used to live by Little Rock AFB! LOL...we lived in Jacksonville. My husband was army and he wasn't active yet, we just lived in Jacksonville. I'd ask for a move, too lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes Jacksonville SUCKS! We live here now lol, and it really is BAD when military personel has to struggle to pay bills........and I mean STRUGGLE, we are not the only ones. I'm sure we could get a loan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but how are we gonna pay it back on his pay?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• idk...trust me, we had to move from jacksonville to Ft Hood, TX. with NOTHING (husband was just reserve then WENT active )....we had stuff, but no money. We went with a full tank of gas and a trailor full of our stuff lol. My dad lives here in TX THANK GOD, we stayed with him until we got housing. He also helped us move. We still were broke. My parents had to help us out. Yet, the military didn't care!
    Oh they put up with financial insecurity. They just claim they don't. As long as you serve and put in your time they sometimes could care less how military families struggle!
    can you set up an allotment? Are you making enough on your pay to set up an allotment that won't put you in a bind? Also, do you have any family (from both sides) that can pitch in? Maybe $500 bucks from your side, and $500 from his side?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009