Did anyone else take the expensive prenatals? Also alternative vaccine sched.

I took some that cost me $30 per bottle and I had insurance too. My little girl is seems to be smart and she's 16 months old. I'm also doing an alternative vaccine schedule for her. I'm thinking of leaving the chicken poxs out. I read its made from aborted fetus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Prenatals: off the shelf at wal-mart
    Vaccines: None

Daughter turned 2 in February & is counting to 11, knows about 1/3 of her letters, and is clearly speaking in full sentences.

Have no clue if any of it's related.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have read many times that chickenpox vaccine is only good for 7 years and if you get chicken pox once you reach puberty it can be deadly so if i was you i wouldnt get it. let her get chicken pox its safer when they are young and really its a week of itching and then life long immunity (in most cases)
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• well I took prenatals with my son, but not with my daughter. I did watch my iron though! I ate Total for weeks.

My kids are both vaccinated, though I admit my DS who will be 14 missed his 12 year boosters. I have to have that done soon!

The chicken pox vaccine, I don't know, it sort of upset me with my son. I didn't realize that when they gave it to him, they knew so little about it. Like if the vaccine would need a booster at ten years! Now, I understand that they know those things, but they didn't then. It upset me, because Chicken Pox as an adult is much more serious with complications than for children. Still, my DD was vaccinated for it four years later and it didn't bother me as much. I just wish I had been given more info when my son got it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I never took prenatals, and had my kids fully vaccinated. My oldest will be going to pre-k in the fall, but I've already learned that she knows half of what they will learn in Kindergarten already!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I took the cheap prenatals and my 2 year old daughter is fully vaccinated. She can count to ten is trying to do abcs, speaks very clearly and is starting to sing.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Prenatals: none
    Vaccinations: all

Kids are all working at least 2 years above their peers.

My 2 year old counts to 12, recognizes his letters, numbers, colors and shapes (including rhombus, diamond, hexagon, pentagon and octagon)

The older two are further ahead.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• prenatals: yes - had a perscription it was $70!! It had the extra omega 3 fatty acids and all that jazz. Plus, with my diet, I really needed the extra healthy stuff. :)

Vaccines: we are right on schedule including flu shots and chicken pox.

PS Why does it matter that it's made form aborted fetus? At least something good is coming from something bad. It's not like people are being paid to abort their kids. And if not from there, it'd come from cord blood or other means. Really not as big a deal as it may seem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• "PS Why does it matter that it's made form aborted fetus? At least something good is coming from something bad. It's not like people are being paid to abort their kids. And if not from there, it'd come from cord blood or other means. Really not as big a deal as it may seem."

EXACTLY!! If they didn't use the tissue for vaccines, it would just go in the garbage. What better way to make something better out of a bad situation than to help protect other kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2009