Conception date

For all of you that got an conception date from your doctor, how many of them were right on? Meaning, was it the actual date that you conceived? And if the date was wrong, how far off was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I got pregnant with my last we had an appointment within a week of me finding out b/c I had an IUD. Durring the past month I had only had sex 1 time. She was pretty on with the conception date according to the date we did the deed!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• They didn't give us a conception date, but I do know the exact date we conceived. According to the conception date, my EDD would be Nov. 26. However, my EDD is listed as Nov 29. Based on my LMP and US, it put my EDD on the 29. Its only 3 days apart so I'm fine with it. Not every woman ovulates at the same point in her cycle, so they can only give you a probable conception date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The conception date is usually only "dead on" if you happened to ovulate on day 14 of a 28 day cycle. Otherwise it can be 1 - 2 weeks off (or more) depdning on if you ovulate earlier or normaly have long cycle and ovulate later. The only doctors who are more accurate are those who take those things into account and don't just go by the "wheel".
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009