How do I try to manipulate/convince my boyfriend into picking the name I like for our son?

I hate to use the word manipulate but thats what I have to do! I LOVE the name Braxton. Im pretty religious and (no bashing please) I just feel that thats what God wants his name to be. I was reading through a baby name book and I was just talking out loud like a ditz and I said Braxton and he kicked! Plus I LOVE IT! But the babys father hates it. How do I convince him that thats what I want? Thats what the babys name is going to be if he likes it or not. I would rather him like it though lol

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tell him, Listen bub, I'm the one that's carrying this kid, I'm the one with the swollen ankles and having to pee every five minutes as far as I'm concerned I'm lord and emperoris of this baby! I gave my ex NO CHOICE!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Call the baby Braxton.

"Baby, look what I bought Braxton, today" Use the name often. Don't argue about it.; Just use the name.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• use what the first answer said. before we knew we were pregnant i kept saying honey if we have a boy im calling him keith. and id say oh wait until we have our son keith is going to love this. also let him pick a middle name, it helps with him likeing wat u want if he has input
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 1:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I really don't think you're being fair. No parent should have to give their child a name they "hate." That's really not fair to your boyfriend. I think you need to compromise on a name you both "like." There are millions of names out there, and probably many, many names your boyfriend would like. Please reconsider manipulating him. And giving your baby a name that he hates won't do good things to your relationship. Trust me. He'll always having something to go back on if there's problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Uh, you DON'T.

He's the father. He's 1/2 of the parental unit. He has the RIGHT to name his child something he can tolerate.

I kindly suggest that you get off your high horse and brainstorm other names that you both like. Compromise is an important part of a healthy relationship.

And not to rip you a new asshole or anything, but I really, really hate the "manipulative mommy" mentality, like only mom's opinions/wants matter, and dad's get disregarded because he didn't carry the pregnancy. It won't kill you to pick another name.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 1:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• yeah but, he deserves a bitch treatment because he is a dick to me and Im not putting up with it anymore. Yes the baby is half his, but he wont agnoledge that he is so his oppinion honestly means little to me. The only reason i asked this question was to see if there was a way to get around it but i guess not!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I HIGHLY doubt that GOD would want you to manipulate your husband just so you can name your son what you want. To me that is selfish and cruel. Your husband is apart of your life and is a partner not someone there for your own personal needs or wants. I agree with Mousuke. If your husband doesn't like the name comprimise on a NEW ON! That is the RIGHT thing to do.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• oh yeah, you seem VERY RELIGIOUS. haha! that is just to funny.

yeah but, he deserves a bitch treatment because he is a dick to me and Im not putting up with it anymore. Yes the baby is half his, but he wont agnoledge that he is so his oppinion honestly means little to me. The only reason i asked this question was to see if there was a way to get around it but i guess not!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My bad your boyfriend.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Like hell he has the right to name the child. You name the baby what YOU want to name him!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2009