restraining orders

ok so i am in the process of getting a restraining order
on one of my exs
i need help from someone who has gotten one
i am confused on the witness thing
i know my sister and my friend kaid can be one
but i have a friend who he acussed of the samething as me
and she talked to him the night everything happend so could she be a witness for me????
also i have a friend i called right after i was crying and eveything
cuz iwas so scared and i was on the phone with him at the time (my friend)
so could he be a witness to?????
any help would be nice
thx a head of time

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Contact your local domestic violence center or women in crisis center. They should be able to guide you a little bit...and they can even accompany you to a hearing.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 1:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• There's a difference between a restraining order and a protective order, and in order to have a protective order, you have to show cause to believe that allowing this person near you will cause harm. That doesn't necessarily mean that you need to have witnesses... it means that you have to have some evidence... police reports, threatening letters and/or phone messages, phone records showing that he was harassing you, etc. Good luck!
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Ask mom she had to get one for "you know who" I hope he doesnt know where we live or where any of are other sisters live.
    iLOVEoctober

Answer by iLOVEoctober at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009