WAT WOULD YOU DO IF A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD ASKED YOU TO GET THEM SOME BEER ?

MY DAUGHTERS FRIEND CALLED AND HE ASKES FOR MY DAUGHTER AND I TELL HIM SHE IS NOT HOME SO THEN HE SAYS CAN YOU DO ME A FAVORE AND I SAID YES THEN HE GOES CAN YOU BYE US BEER I SAID NO IM SORRY I CANT DO THAT WAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS SOHE HANGS UP WAT WOULD YOU DO

FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 1:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Say no. You did the right thing.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• A teenager thinking I am a "cool adult" or a "cool mom" is not worth fines or jail time. It's not worth setting a poor example of being a law-abiding member of society for my children. It's not worth the consequences that could result in doing so such as mistrust of you by other parents, accidents, alcohol poisoning and other ways the kids could get hurt. I wouldn't want to be responsible for any bad thing that could happen as a result of me buying them alcohol. If he doesn't think you're cool...oh well. I think it's pretty lame of someone to put another person in that situation anyway.

You did the right thing.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• First off learn to spell! Second you did the right thing but I would have said sure where do you live then never bring him the beer of course then the next day go and visit his parents and tell them what happened. My old friend from high school's mom bought a group of us alcohol once and a girl died of overdose and the mom did some jail time. Horrible thing, so you did right!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You're right on the money by saying now, however I would have to wonder .... what is your daughter mixed up in?
    You didn't mention her age. If her friends are drinking, she might be drinking too. If they called w/the intention to have her buy them the beer, then she could get herself into a heap of trouble.
    There are so many red flags here...make sure your daughter sees all of them.
    (Drinking or not, if you provide beer and someone gets hurt or dies, you can lose EVERYTHING you have).
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 1:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• First I would of called her parents, And let them know. Then I would let my child know that I wish they would not hange out with them. If they chose to and I find out my child is drinking also I will have no choice but to then call the police and have my child taken in for Under age drinking. Kids need to learn. My mom made the biggest mastake, Letting me and my brothers drink and smoke pot. and hell I was only 13 . She says its the one thing she wish she could have went back and changed, My oldest brother is gone now, In heaven. He contacted HIV from a Girl who he ended up marrying after he found out she gave him it. She was a trick, and he was on drugs. And well he is now gone, And she is still here infecting more people. Its unfair. But by a parent letting a child drink, then they will do more , And then you wont have any say, Because it will be TOO late. So I would of called the parents, if they dont care, I dont know
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 4:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would have laughed at him, probably would have mentioned how stupid he is and then I would tell his parents.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would give them a lecture on the pitfalls of alcoholism!!!!!!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 7:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I know I would have laughed and hung up but I like the idea to say sure and never do it. Make him wait awhile then tell him off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would have told him ....NO I will not buy you any kind of alcohol until you are of legal age and then you won't need me you can buy it for yourself. ......... ;-) Then I would question my daughter about her choice in friends then I would call this kids parents and inform them about the request. Drinking alcohol is a rite of passage and kids, yes kids need to learn to wait until they are of legal age and are mature enough to handle the consequences

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would say a BIG NO. Then suggest Mountain Dew or Iced Tea. LOL. I hate that teens want to grow up too fast and alter their consciousness, warp their reality and damage their health and brain cells. Its just dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2009