Is it true that baby boys are more active than girls?

My little man would not hold still during my sono the other day! He is very active. I really didnt eat or drink alot of sugar for that purpose, I wanted him to be still so I could see his little profile, but he kept on moving! Is it normal for little buys to be more active than girls?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im pregnant with a boy to and he is way more active then my dd was, he will wake me up in the middle of the night and it seems like my belly is always moving. I think its just different personalities though
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My daughter was more active than my son during pregnancy, she was a fussy one and still is. LOL it just depends on the baby.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yep, my daughter was more active and is more fussy too Vasquez.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• no thats not true, it just depends on the baby itself. my little girl was soobouncy in my belly.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I AM HAVING A BOY AND HE MOVES LIKE CRAZY, HE EVEN WAKES ME UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. HE IS ALWAYS ON THE MOVE
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 4:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• oh man I hope not, my daughter was so active. I would hate to feel what it was like with a boy if they are suppose to be more active.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• In the womb it's the girls that kick and move more. After birth though boys are a lot more rambunctious than girls.

I have one boy and one girl. My baby girl moved so much in the womb that my OB was concerned that I couldn't get enough sleep, but I was so used to it that I just slept through her kicking. When I was pregnant with my son I was scared because he moved so little compare to my girl. My dr said boys don't move as much in the womb as girls.

But now, after the birth my boy turned into a wild man!
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2009