would you get mad at your OB for this??

i went in for my first prenatal visit after finding out i was pregnant with my second child. my daughter was 16-17 months when i found out i was pregnant. i went in feeling very excited about my pregnancy and the baby to come. when i spoke with my doctor, she said i had poorly spaced pregnancies. i was SOO offended. i can understand her point coming from a medical standpoint, but most people don't decide to add to the family based on health, they base it on FAMILY. i thought why would she say something like this? she kept going on about it, how terrible it was. keep in mind this is just my second child, not like i've been popping babies like a toaster one after the other. i was happy to have my babies 2 years apart! i went to a different doctor to have my baby delivered. would you have been mad too? or was i over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I probably would've been ticked off a bit. But at the same time. ...she's right! it's non of her freaking business. ....but she's right.
    in the end i'd end up being nutural.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would find another doctor. It is not like you can change it at this point anyway, why would she keep harping on it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• 16-17 months is not that close when you think about it...plus, its non of her business. so yeah, i'd be ticked off.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i would've been PISSED! my kids were 18 months apart, and i had a vbac. no one ever gave me crap about the close space between my kids!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'd be offended too and I think 2 years apart is very common.
    wanita61

Answer by wanita61 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i dont understand what the big deal is about them being so close together, can someone fill me in?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't see why she feels the need to say her opinion when it wasn't asked, yeah I would be upset
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• get a differnt doctor!!! i would!!! Im young and TTC and i have been looking for a doctor to help me and my DP to concieve!!!! Most were rude and horrible and told me to wait till i was 30 or older... and then i finally found one and it made the whole experience so beautiful!!!!!! The pregnancy will be tainted by her if she is going to be rude about it all!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 2:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• OP here: the doctor said that medically the pregnancies were poorly spaced and was very persistant on pushing this fact down my throat. i got mad because we made this decision to have another child for family reasons, not health. i was very upset and never saw her again. this pregnancy is over & my dd is now 15 months old. but i just had a conversation about it with my husband and it brang back so many angry memories. so medically, my vagina or uterus haven't fallen off yet so i think that having them 2 years apart wasn't as bad as she was trying to push
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• They were poorly spaced. It takes about two-three full years for your insides to recover after having a baby. And as your doctor, she did have a right to say something.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2009