should I take my 4 yr old hyper son to a rosary?

I did last year and he misbehaved, so i'm afraid for it to happen again...and I had a relative telling me to get him on the pill:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Probably not. He may not understand what's going on anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Even if he was not hyper, it isn't appropriate to expect any 4 year old to sit for any longer than 15 to 20 minutes for non preferred activities. You could try giving him drawing paper or a snack to keep him occupied, but think about your reasons for him participating in this activity. What is the reason and what do you hope he gets out of it?
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Depends. Do you believe that you need to kneel while praying the rosary, or are you willing to walk and pray at the same time? Has he been exposed at home to praying the rosary? If not, it might be a bit much for him. If he has, then are there rules at home about activities/behaviors while praying? If not, then probably not a good idea unless he is really good about following the rules even though hyper. So it really depends. I suggest that if you haven't exposed him to it, then start with praying the rosary at home and teaching him proper behavior. If you really want to go, try walking while praying. My church got used to me always getting up and down with my son, so hopefully your parish is as understanding about the needs and abilities of children.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009