She cries with daddy... :(.

Everytime her dad picks her up she cries. Not that little baby whimper, she REALLY cries and as soon as I pick her up she stops. It's not because he's a man because she loves my friends and she loves her uncle. It's JUST her daddy. I don't know what to do I'm at the end of my rope here. His feelings get so hurt and he gets so sad because he loves his baby girl. It's heart breaking. HELP!

He holds her no matter how much she cries just so he could have some time with her.

): ); cocomommie25

cocomommie25

Asked by cocomommie25 at 3:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In the first months, daddy tends to be chopped liver. When baby can walk, it becomes The Dad Show.

She's QUITE normal. Tell him she's not trying to hurt his feelings. It WILL be FINE. The BIGGEST daddy's girls I've ever known HATED dad in the first year. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• How often is he around. If he works all day and is home only at night, that may be why. Does she see your friends or her uncle more often. It could be that his nervouse, and she sense it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• aww.. my girls were like that too. hubby was in the navy so he was gone often and didn't get a chance to get to know them & do all the "daddy" things he should have been doing. when he got out of the military, he was able to kind of start over & it was very difficult for him. he couldnt even look at her without her crying. what we did is we had to kind of gradually re-introduce her daddy again. first, he would sit next to me while i held her. he would play with her while she was in my arms. then we put her in a bouncy seat & played with her together. then he played with her in a bouncy seat alone. then he was able to carry and play with her for short times until there was no anxiety left. she still prefers mommy over daddy, but she doesn't panic every time he touches her now. it's a very slow progressing process but is worth it in the end. now they're best friends (most of the time xP )
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son is the same way!! i think its bc im with him ALL day while my hubby works plus my hubby is still kinda nervous (new) n my son can sense it. My hubby told me the other day he feels left out :( talk bout heartbreaking!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 5:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If this is your first child, daddy may be a little tense or ill at ease with a little one. Babies sense these kinds of things, so do what you can to help him relax and all will probably be well.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2009