Womens freedoms

After watching the news on Iran's women rising up, I can't help but watch and be curious. What would it be like to be in their world? We can sit here on CM and bitch about whatever we want while they have to wear head coverings.Do we really appreciate the freedoms that we have?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 4:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think we take it for granted, but then we haven't known anything different then having freedom
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I appreciate it completely!!! My husband is over there and tells me SOO much of how their women are treated and I know I wouldn't survive 2 minutes over there... I'm SOO greatful to be here in America where I can walk around freely, don't have to answer to a man who "owns" me and I'm more than just for making babies and property! I feel so bad for those women!!! I can't even imagine what its like for them, but what I hear about I'm sooooo lucky!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It does make you stop and think. My hat is off to them for fighting.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't think we really do, that's why we bitch so much but if we walked a day in there shoes I think our views on life and what's important would be diferent, but that's just my opinion
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I can only hope that they continue fighting for their rights. After yrs of oppression, they deserve equal rights !!!
    witch_e_woman

Answer by witch_e_woman at 4:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• When they stop fighting,it is over for them. Only way to change is keep fighting for your freedoms.
    I was young girl in former Soviet Union country end of '80. so I kind of feel for them.But only they can change their countries destiny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No. I think many, many people here take things for granted.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• And how is it they got it in their minds to rise up and fight and thousands of years of oppression?! Could it be that our "occupation" (as some like to call it) in other countries, and the subsequent building of a democracy in those countries, got the citizens of countries that are now fighting to say "hey I want that!" Hmmmmm?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I go through phases. Some days I'm really grateful, and overwhelmed by just the amounts of food we have available at the store.

Can you imagine what it would be like for a person from a third world country to walk into a wegmans?

And then there are days when everything is frustrating and I forget how lucky we are.

We have a ton of freedom, and our poor are rich compared to other countries standards, and we personally haven't really had to endure too much hardship for it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Anon :24 the women of Iran were relatively free during the 1970's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2009