14 months and throws a fit when she doesnt get her way

My baby girl is 14 months old, when we take something she isnt supposed to have away she literally throws a fit. I usually dont give in...when I take it away I dont give it back when she throws a fit, she will throw her head back to the floor and kick and scream. Sometimes I just let her throw a fit until she is done. How do I let her know she cant throw a fit when she doesn't get what she wants?

tinkerbellma21

Asked by tinkerbellma21 at 7:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son did that for a while and i got my husband to cut a piece of carpet and i put it in at the back corner of my hall way and when he would start acting crazy i would pick him up and go set him on that carpet. i would tell him that if was wants to have a fit then he can set there all by himself until he was done. a few times of that and he didn't want to go back there all by himself anymore. we still use the mat as a place you go when you are acting bad.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 8:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Put her in a time out spot and ignore her. Tell her that when she's done, she can come out. Until then, she stays put.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2009