Cleaning copper bottomed pots and pans.

I have a few pots and pans with the copper bottoms and they are BLACK!! Does anyone know how to get them clean with something I have around the house? I don't want to spend money on the expensive cleaners.

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 8:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try SOS pads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I googled and found quite a few ideas. Those that looked pretty good to me were to dip lemon halves in baking soda and scrub, or to dissolve table salt in white vinegar until the solution won't dissolve any more salt, then to dip a sponge or cloth into the solution and scrub with that.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• They sell a product called Penny Bright made just for this project. It works. I have Revere Wear and they are copper bottomed. We use Penny Bright all the time. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My grandma uses lemon juice and salt, but I love a cleaner called Kleen King for copper pots.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My mom and grandma used ketchup. We have also used a comet type cleaner that is for copper but I can't remember the name of it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I pour vinegar over the pot bottoms, then sprinkle a bunch of salt on it, then use a scrubby pad and scrub. Works pretty fast.
    learnteach

Answer by learnteach at 7:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2009