What is wrong with me?

I have yet to get an appt at the doctor for several reasons but will be making one soon. Just wanna see what anyone else has to say. I was 'dieting' (just eating healthy) to lose weight after baby and lost 10 lbs. Well after that, I went back to my normal (crappy) eating habits and have lost another 6 lbs...I keep losing and I'm down to 119 and not even trying (has never happened). I also have started getting mysterious bruises (I NEVER bruised before, like EVER!) and my hair falls out in LARGE amounts when I brush it especially. I thought maybe it had to do with having a baby 6 months ago but I figure it should have stopped falling out by now (started falling out 4 months after birth). Could these things be a sign of any medical condition? I have googled things I can thinkof and it doesn't appear to be any of them (anemia, malnutrition). I will be goin to the dr. so PLEASE dont tell me to, I'm looking for opinions. Thanks!

luvr4ula

Asked by luvr4ula at 9:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• The weight and the bruising are not good. I would mention the hairloss, but mine did that too for about a year after I had my baby. Are you on any type of medicine? I started a medicine about a month ago and weight loss and bruising can both be side effects; however I'm supposed to tell my dr. right away if I lose a ton of weight or do start to bruise easy because that might mean the med is effecting my liver in a bad way. Maybe they will check the function of your liver.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I can't think of the names right off the top of my head, but I know there are some conditions that can cause those symptoms. I would definitely see the dr. I hope everything turns out ok.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I can think of something off hand but obvoiusly I am not qualifed to diagnose you. Defiantely get it checked out. Weight loss and bruising was a symptom my aunt had when her cancer spread to the blood. :( It could be related to hormonal changes from the baby. Or any number of other reasons. I don't want to scare you, but early detection of any problem allows for the best treatment and recovery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• anemia is common after pregnancy and hairloss is normal... are you still taking vitamins? you're supposed to take them I was told for a year after.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The hair loss is totally normal and caused by hormone changes after you have a baby. The weight loss can also be cause by hormonal changes. For some people, after you have a baby, your thyroid goes into overdrive and causes weight loss. Then it will be followed by a period of being underactive, in which you might put the weight back on. I'm not saying that's what you have by any means, but its just one explanation. You do need to see the doc to make sure it's not something more serious.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Thyroid? Get a TSH/T4
    Missbehaves

Answer by Missbehaves at 11:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009