How do I keep my 14 month old out of my face without hurting his feelings?

I know he just wants to be close but it is so annoying!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Find things he can do that don't involve being physically close to you. Sitting on the floor at your feet, perhaps, playing with toys.

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I taught my little girl about personal space. I told her no touching faces, no putting feet on people, and taught her an acceptable distance to get from people's faces. Just don't make it feel like you're disciplining. You're just teaching him how to respect people. I still let my kids get close, just withing a comfortable distance.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my ds is now 20 months and he still does the same thing. i have a friend w/a 3 yo ds and he still does the same thing. I think its a mommys boy thing. Ive tried to get him to stop a little but it hasnt worked. my dd was not like that at all. Mammas boys, lol
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2009