Do you annoyed by the over-use of the word "Bash" on cafemom?

It seems as though almost every post started with "Don't bash me, but" - or someone chimes in on a post complaining about all the "bashing" going on.

is it just me - or does a different opinion NOT equal "bashing"?!

Why is it "she bashed" "don't bash" "they all bashed me" - everywhere here?

I just see differing opinions -Not bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• LOL. I know what you mean.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• because we are sick of gettng bashed .. so we say it.. so pot meet kettle you dont like it yet had to write a question bout it use the word BASH quite a few times even in your question title lol
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I see more bashing than I do others giving opinions and that's why you see posts starting off like that.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Okay, so what define "bashing" then?

lol, i can't believe there are people who don't understand what im saying. (oh wait - does saying that mean i'm "bashing" you?) uh oh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Bashing to me is when someone starts calling another names, telling them that they are a bad parent because they parent differently and just being down right rude instead of just ANSWERING the question. Bashing by saying people are bad for FF or BF, for circumcision, for ear piercing, etc. get my drift? Some people will just leave their snide remarks that have nothing to do with the question in the first place. People will go and on with a lecture and start going into something else. Well I gave my opinion on it, sorry if no one likes my answer. Do I care? No, I will still have a great day.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• christine - I get the feeling you are the type of person who over -uses the word bash too. You may want to look at a dictionary.
    what you just described was someone who has a strong opinion about something, and isn't afraid to share it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Anon you can look and my questions and answer and you see that in fact I do not, so please don't assume. I answered your question sorry you don't like it. Now you have a wonderful and blessed day. :)
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Not really, I am more annoyed by the phrase "Dont judge me" its annoying as hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think its because too many people on here DO bash. A lot. A difference of opinion isn't bashing, unless it comes with "WTF" or "I can't believe you _____!", or "What is wrong with you?". I think what is more over done one here is the actual bashing and judging. THAT'S why people say "don't bash/judge me"!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I do think there is a difference between giving an opinion and bashing.....First of all, when people post, they are sometimes looking for an opinion about something, but perhaps not everything in their questions. If someone ASKS for opinions, they can't be upset when they get opinions....at least that is my opinion! However, sometimes people criticize grammar and spelling...or an aspect of the person's life that was not really part of the question....and that can be bashing or whatever other word you might choose to call it! Bashing, in my mind, is meanness! When one mom is mean to another mom....rather than answering the question in a helpful manner. The term is sometimes overused....I agree with you there!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009