• In the Spotlight:

Is love a choice

How many of you believe or think that love is a choice? And why

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• No. If your heart is set on one person. There is no way to change that. You can hide it, fight it or ignore it. It just wont go away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You choose to love someone through the good times and the bad...

christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think in the beginning its instinctual. Then later yes, I do believe its a choice. There has to be some chemistry but I know that I love my DH because I chose to love him. Could there be someone else out there that I could also love? Of course. It doesn't mean that my DH isn't the best person for me, just that there could be others. But I chose to be with him, to give him my love unconditionally. Its kind of like imagining a positive outcome in a situation. The more I feel like I love him or think that I do, the deeper our love gets. The easier it is to ignore his personality quirks.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't think love is a choice.I think it is an emotion you feel or you don't.JMO

moomers

Answer by moomers at 10:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Love is a choice based on how we are treated in childhood into adulthood by knowns and unknowns. Real respectful love hurts in misunderstandings, separations, a fights here and there but that respect acknowledging the other partners' intelligence and protection wanting and giving both to that other partner never never leaves in spite of those misunderstandings, etc.

If schools were mandated to teach against bullying doing roll reversal every marking period in every school year in all grades, respect between differences of ages and sexes, backgrounds would be far far less. Kids who are bullies, adults who are bullies that bullying depending on length of time and age of occurrence can last for years unfortunately. And adults and kids who don't have selfrespect love for themselves. more often than not, can't give that love in different levels to others. We choose to love or not on how we've been treated

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My husband's ego keeps me from loving him unconditionally like I know I should as his wife. He's chosen to love his things more than his family. He wasn't bullied but him and siblings told growing up and as adults even that they themselves are highly intelligent and can make great accomplishments. His choice has hurt him personally and our relationship. Don't know how much his working to change will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• attraction to someone may not be a choice but you certainly have the choice of Pursuing what you believe to be love. Also remember that there are also degrees of love (platonic, romantic, spiritual, etc)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• LOVE is a CHOICE and ROMANCE is a FEELING...this is just my opinion!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I believe that it is to an extent. I don't think that you have a choice as to who you fall in love with, but I think it is your choice as to whether you want to stay in love with them or not.

Initial attraction && chemistry just happens, but a relationship takes work...
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't think love is a "choice". I don't think you can help or choose who you fall in love with. It's a feeling from the heart because you are attracted to that person.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009