Did anyone have major anxiety about marriage?

I have OCD so I do have anxiety issues not sure if anyone knows what ROCD is but I was wondering if anyone else had serious anxiety about getting married and questioned everything and how they got through it. Thank you for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, i did. I just took it one day at a time and got through it.

I had a panic attack as I was about to walk down the aisle, but my dad calmed me down. It's all good!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I freaked out and i went and laid on our bed for like an hour crying but i did go threw with it. But to be honest i wish i had listened to myself because i knew something wasn't right and my ex husband turned out to be an abusive transvestite. So if you are having real concerns just think about them hard.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I had anxiety before my wedding, I couldn't even make the rehearsal dinner because of a panic attack. Now I look back at it and laugh..

The way I got over it was that I just pretended no one else was there.
    And an ativan. LOL
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The night after he proposed, I lay awake all night with great anxiety and worrying. I examined different potential problems and although I knew what my heart wanted to do, my brain said I'd better eliminate the potential problems. So I asked him to come over the next day, I shivered with nerves, but I brought up a possible genetic problem, and that I was concerned about the future care of a handicapped relative.
    We had already discussed financial matters, religion, child rearing and children, care of extended family in case of crisis. So it seemed that we agreed on all of the biggies, and I agreed to marry him. From then on, any anxiety was about the wedding, not about the marriage. And I decided so what if this or that went wrong at the wedding, just enjoy. So I did. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I actually had a kind a freak out right after our wedding.... a OMG YOU for the rest of my life couple of weeks. It was fine after, and has been fine ever since... .but I think it really hit me all at once.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2009