DD will Not stop picking at a mosquito bite on her chin....need advice, Please!

This is week 3 now and she has picked at this thing until it is bleeding. I keep putting neosporin on it multiple times per day; I tried covering it with a bandaid, but she takes it off and keeps on picking. I'm afraid she is going to have a scar.

Anyone else experience this and have any ideas to get her to stop! Thanks! BTW, she is 2 years old.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am going through that now with my dd also 2. but her bites are on her legs. I have found that the tattoo bandaids work awesome and she likes having them on because they are ones she picked out Priness ..also if you are worried about scaring Vitiman E oil works.. and she is still young so he skin ton will change as she gets older and the scars will be come less noticeable if not gone completely!!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Clip her nails really short.
    qtnfluffy

Answer by qtnfluffy at 10:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Then put a clear coat of nail polish ...it will not hurt her, may burn a moment but it seals it up! This may help!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2009