Please dont look at the question like i have 6 heads.... would someone buy a breast pump at a yard sale?

Some would say its unsanitary BUT you can either buy new tubes for it or boil them. I paid 100.00 for it and didnt use it for more then a week. I got an extra warranty on it and considered calling and saying something is wrong with it to get the money back because its non returnable, but i cant lie.

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 10:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What a great idea! And it's not a silly idea. In these economic times, and in the spirit of reduce, reuse and recycle, it is completely appropriate! I was fortunate to be able to buy one new, but I'm sure there are families who definitely appreciate being able to use this necessity (it was a necessity for me) at a reduced rate.
    lemort_1

Answer by lemort_1 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• yes, someone will. OR you can try and sell it on craigslist. that way people won't look at you like you have 6 heads :) But someone will buy it. It can be sterilized. And it was just breastmilk... its not like you drew your blood with it. lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• lol its still in the box with the bottles that came with it too
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• At hospitals they use the electric pump which cost about $2,000.00. Of course the parts such as the containers and the ones that will be placed in the nipples are brand new,

There are was to sterilize things and at the same time it helps to reduce waste.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 10:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• There are ways* to sterilize things and at the same time it helps to reduce waste.
    bringin

• At a yard sale or second hand store no even though it's plastic or glass. I wouldn't hesitate to use from from a friend of friend of a relative etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I got mine off of freecycle and see them on our local craigslist and on ebay used all the time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am using my sister -in-law one which isn't her's. It is her sister's breastpump. If you wash the pieces that attach to you, I do not see a problem. Because you are using items that can be sterilized!!! Also if you don't feel comfortable about it, you can buy the parts that attach to the breast because the machine is not touching you!! So I did look at breast pums at garage sales & cosignment stores until my sisterinlaw told me I could borrow the one she has. I did have to buy a part, but that was because my breast are bigger then hers.
    Deymphina

Answer by Deymphina at 10:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I'd like to sell mine too... they can get all the replacement hoses for like $20 I think. Its just a motor you're selling, I don't think its unsanitary. I think someone would buy it. With my first pregnancy I rented one from the hospital, they just supplied new hoses, etc., so it must be ok.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I probably wouldn't buy one at a yard sale, but I would from a friend. I'm sure someone out there will buy it. You can always try and if it doesn't sell put it on Craigslist or Ebay. Good luck!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2009