Has anyone had their Mirena or IUD taken out early?

I've been on Mirena for almost two years now. I've had irregular periods since then. I'll be on it for 12 days off of it for 5 back on for a week not have it for two months. I hate being paranoid that I'm preggo during these 2 month breaks ( I got pregnant twice on two different kinds of pills). I've spent too much money on tests this year! Also I have cramping all the time sometimes they're very painful. I'm having headaches almost every day and my depression is getting worse. I also feel tired for no reason. I can't stand this thing anymore I want it taken out but the problem is that I have medicaid. I'm wondering how much does it cost to have it removed early? And does it hurt?

ainstalshia

Asked by ainstalshia at 10:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Health

• I have medicaid and it didn't cost me a dime to get mine taken out early had the paragaurd (only had it 6months). I was having compications with having extremly heavy periods(i'd soak through a super plus tampon plus a heavy pad within an hour) I hurts alittle because the basiclly just tug the strings to get it out, you make have cramps after. My hurt alot because it didn't want to come out.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have mirena. I had my first removed after 1 1/2 yrs to have another baby. and im having my 2nd one removed for similar reasons. weight gain, headaches, depression, low libido.....it does not hurt to remove..atleast mine didnt. they also didnt hurt going in for me. but its quick and simple. idk what im going to get on after this but hopefully something better
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I had mine removed a couple weeks after i got it, my mom a few months..nothing is wrong with having it removed..medicaid should cover the entire thing..call before you go and ask...if they dont go to your local health department. they'll remove it...that stupid IUD just isnt worth it to me..i HATED that thing....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009