For people that believe in God bc they feel it and see it all around them, do you believe I am going to hell bc I never felt it or saw it and therefore have no reason to believe?

I want to believe in God but I just have no reason to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it does not exist!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You don't have to have a reason to. It's about FAITH-- the choice to believe beyond any "reasons"...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I certainly don't think you're going to hell for not believing - I don't even believe in hell. IMO, the existence of such a place is a contradiction, as God's love and grace is supposed to be unconditional and perfect. For hell to exist would put conditions and exceptions on this perfect and unconditional love, meaning that, for hell to exist, His love cannot be perfect or unconditional. And I'd rather believe that His love IS perfect and unconditional than believe that Hell exists and it isn't. Who would want to follow a God Who's love isn't perfect and unconditional, anyway?
    I believe all paths are from Him and lead to Him, and that a relationship with Him in this world is not necessary to attain a life with Him in the next.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• So just bc somebody has a book with stories in it, I should have faith? I just don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If you don't believe in God what does it matter then if you go to heaven or not? If you don't believe in God why do you believe in heaven or hell?
    Look at it this way Jesus is the bridge to heaven, God gave his Son for us to be saved if we choose to.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i'm a christian, but i dont believe in hell. i know its preached alot by organized religion and pastors, but i just dont believe MY God allows a hell. second chances, reincarnation, reformations to allow you to have another life to choose again, things like that i believe exist. but no hell.
    i dont believe you are an atheist with a firm belief he does NOT exist, but rather agnostic and wondering why you dont see what others do. if you saw what i see, you would believe. but only God knows why some see and others do not.
    if you choose to not believe before you die, i do not believe you will go to hell. i believe you will be asked
    why you chose not to believe and whether or not you want to return to earth to experience something better. God wants to experience what you experience on earth, and if you did not have a good life i think you'll be offered another chance.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i wouldnt call it a book of stories but more like a history book. there are so many things in this world that show Gods love. You being here is one good reason. I dont believe in hell either.
    theres a scripture in the bible that says the meek ones will inherit the earth. God can read your heart, he knows what kind of person you are. Take some time and read the bible, there is so much info in there.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Faith is about believing in something that you cannot see and you cannot feel. Believers do see and feel Jesus everywhere --- in our children's smiles, in a beautiful summer day, in the vastness of the oceans, in the perfect bloom of a rose....His blessings and grace are all around each of us. We just have to take the time to look and allow ourselves to "feel."
    Remember how you felt the first time you looked into your baby's eyes--That was God's blessing. God's miracle just for you.
    To have faith doesn't mean to go blindly into the night , it just means to believe in Someone who has done nothing but love you. Believe in the Higher Power of the Lord. Trust that as long as you believe, you will be reunited one day with your loved ones in Heaven.
    Believe, Have Faith, and Trust -- 3 in one --just like the Trinity-- Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
    Don't be afraid to question, but also don't be afraid to believe. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The only reason anyone will go to hell is because they have rejected Jesus Christ who said, "I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me." Then there is this which almost directly answers your question, "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) "The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands."(Psalm 19:1) "But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul." ( Deut. 4:19) "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, declares the Lord."(Jer. 29:13-24). Keep seeking. Maybe you are just not looking in the right place yet.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• See, that's my problem. I have NEVER EVER felt a "presence" in my life that was greater than myself. I spent the first 19 years of my life being a Christian, and I can tell you today at almost 21 years old that I never had a divine conversation with God or any other supreme being. Nobody "talked" to me like so many people claim. My prayers were never answered. (And please don't say they weren't answered in the way I wanted, I was a friggin Christian and I *know* what answered prayers look like.)

I don't understand why some people "feel" it and others don't.

But I'm not hard up to feel it anyway. Not anymore.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2009