Do you think that kids in schools are being criticized for the way they dress?

Do schools have attire protocol?
Do kids nowadays think that if they wear "fad" clothes they will get along better with their peers?
What's the problem with little girls and boys asking for brand clothes?
Baggy Pants anyone? etc, etc,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Kids are getting criticized for everything when they are in school. Weather it be the clothes they wear the grades they get what size they wear it doesn't matter what they do they get criticized for something. Schools need to step up and implement a real zero tolerance policy toward things like this and teachers need to step in when they hear or see anything that could be criticism. I feel schools should be just as harsh as employment laws surrounding harassment and discrimination.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My son is attending a school with uniforms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• The other day we receive a letter from the school principal asking for the kids to wear belts. (not baggy pants). and for the girls no tops with straps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• As a girl who went to public school, clothes were a HUGE deal and still are as my oldest tells me so.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It depends on your child and what their "crowd" is...My son is 15 and he could care less about clothes or brand names, his friends could care less too.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I don't remember clothes being a huge deal when I was a kid.

My kids have a lot of brand name clothes, most of it is just not new.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Peer pressure and influences are as old as the day is long. This is why I firmly believe in giving your children the skills they need to be strong, well-rounded, intelligent individuals. When kids have a unique strength or interest, their "coolness" goes up...not whether or not they are wearing the latest "in" thing.

Some of the dorkiest kids I knew had better clothes than I did growing up, yet I was on 3 varsity sports teams, had a 3.5 GPA, and worked full-time in high school!

Superficial attitudes and material things don't take you far in life--just ask the fat, balding, star football player I went to school with and the twice divorced, fat, welfare queen who was once head cheerleader!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009