Screaming

My 11 mo old daughter screams...all the time. I've asked this before and have been told not to worry, she'll grow out of it, ignore it. But I am worried. Is ignoring it the best way to deal with unwanted behavior at this age?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it is. The main reason is because she's probably doing it for some sort of attention, good or bad. If you acknowledge it, then it feeds into it. Even as simple as telling her not to do it is attention. If you ignore it, she will stop doing it because there is nothing happening when she does it. Make sense?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I would say trust your gut. At this age u should know by now her scream when she's in pain , & when she's just being a "fuss-butt" as I say to my little ones.talk to your pediatrician about it , if u haven't already.
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Has she been tested for any disorders? Autism for example has a very broad spectrum and maybe she is sensitive to certain things? Just a thought.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2009