does your mucus plug have to be bloody?

I think I lost mine but it wasnt bloody at all, it was EXTREMELY thick, but white and clear. I lost abig chunkat once and every time I have gone to the bathroom there are more traces of it. Does this count, or do you think I have something else going on? Should I call my Dr? I'm 39 weeks, and have been having mild contractions for about a week, but the last 2 days they have gotten more regular just not stronger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There typically is NOT blood in the mucous plug til right around the start of labor or right after a cervical check. I wouldnt call the doctor just because your lost your plug. They will basically just tell you "well thats nice" and get off the phone
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• When I lost mine it looked like snot. There was no blood at all. I called my aunt to ask her what it was and she said it was the mucus plug and to call my dr right away. Mainly because I was a scheduled c-section and my dr didn't want me in full on labor. So I called my dr and went to Labor and Delivery, at 1pm I had my son, I was in "active" labor. I lost my plug about 9am. At the very least, I'd call the dr. Tell them about the contractions becoming regular and that you think you lost your mucus plug.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• no, mine wasn't... well, still isn't I've been losing it here and there for about 5 days now.
    newmom0508

Answer by newmom0508 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2009