Alpha Luxe?

Anyone know any websites with safety reviews for the Cosco Alpha Luxe 3-in-1? My SIL has this seat for my nephew, and Im pretty sure that its not one of the preferred seats. Im trying to talk her into a TruFit because my nephew is so tall, and it might last him longer rear facing. He is 1 year/20lbs/ 31inches. Is there another recommended seat for rear facing for him? What do you have your 1 year old in?Anyone know anything about the Alpha Luxe?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well my 6 month old is 15 lbs 29 inches long and using the alpha omega and it works great
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• "preferred seat"? Preferred by who? You?

The best and safest seat is one in which the infant (or toddler) fits and which fits in the vehicle properly. They have not tested every seat in every vehicle, so there is no way you can properly infer any test results unless they were tested with your seat and your vehicle.

A quick google, however, showed me it's rated 4 out of 5 by the "experts" and it's a discontinued model.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Is she planning on extending his rear facing? I've heard bad things about TruFit, so that would be the last one I'd use.

My kids were all in Alpha Omega's. They did well and were all above the 95th percentiles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Actually, the Trufit is one of the most recommended car seats out there along with the Britax Line and the Sunshine Kids Radian line.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• When I say "preferred" I mean by car seat safety technicians and experts. The Trufit, Britax seats, Graco Nautilus and Sunshine Kids radian, are all highly recommended seats. And no, its not a preferred seat for me either.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• actually the alapha omega is a great carseat my 6 month old is 2 inches shorter then your friends 1 year old.... and its a great carseat and i see it lasting her as she gets longer which she will and shes tiny just hit 15 lbs at almost 7 months and it cradles her quite well great car seat
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009