Adipex

I am going to a weight loss clinic today and getting a prescription for Adipex. I am curious about how well it worked for other ladies. Please do not tell me how I should try diet and exercise, I am only interested in hearing from moms who have had success with it.

CourtneyQualls

Asked by CourtneyQualls at 11:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well I am 8 months pg but my sister in law when she had her daugter she went from 130 to over 200 pounds after she had the baby she got on adipex and now she is at 130 to 140 it worked for her with no excersise, no change in diet so i plan to use it after I give birth too because I am lazy and am not gonna run or diet...I love sweets! So good luck my stepdad also takes it and he has lose 100 pounds he was like over 400 but he is still taking it and doing good on it. GOOD LUCK!
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I am on phentermine 30mg which is generic for adipex I weighed 153 May 10 when I first got it and now I weigh 139. Thats 14 lbs in almost 2 months. I exercise when I can but a bad foot hinders me a lot. I try to do ab crunchers so I wont be so flabby. We also have a big swimming pool and it is great for exercising because the water pushes against you making you work harder. You will be drinking lots of water because it causes dry mouth and you need to take it early in the morning or you wont sleep at night. Good Luck!!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have lost 8 pounds in one week. I am not starving all the time anymore and I feel pretty good. I am definitely more motivated to eat better now that I see a lower number on the scale. I have been pretty tired since I started it but alot of people said it wired them. Go figure. And, rkoloms, thanks for the advice, but I clearly stated I was NOT interested in hearing about how diet and exercise are better for me. I have no shame in admitting that I do not have the willpower to exercise in 98 degree weather.
    CourtneyQualls

Answer by CourtneyQualls at 5:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009