Can you swim in a pool after you loose your mucus plug?

msaltmomof2

Asked by msaltmomof2 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would have to say it's probably not a good idea. I remember hearing you shouldn't even take a bath after you lose the mucus plug, but that may be oudated information since I think I was told that when I had my first child nearly 13 years ago.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's fine. Losing your mucus plug doesn't mean anyting. If your water breaks I would stick to baths just because you are continuously losing amniotic fluid and wouldn't want that in my pool.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I was told that I shouldnt even take a bath after I lost my mucous plug because there was a higher chance of bacterial getting in to my uterus at that point so I would assume that its not a good idea to go swimming
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Jaydin_Makenna that is a myth. A lot of women have water births. If you want to know what really gives you a good chance for infection it's vaginal exams once your water breaks. Up until your water breakes you can even have sex.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have... your mucus plug doesnt really mean too much, it means you have either started to dilate or efface... in either case swimming is fine as long as your water has not broken or started leaking
    newmom0508

Answer by newmom0508 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009