Help

My daughter is 12 weeks old and won't nap anymore then 15-20 min. if I'm luck. She also won't go to sleep at night until 11 or 12. Last night I tried to put her in bed at 7 but she would cry and didn't fall asleep until 11. Please help I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she getting full? Burping?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Yes, she is full, burped and dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Do you swaddle her? Do you have a fan on for white noise when you lay her down? I would try those two things first, but she is still pretty little to expect her to be on a set schedule yet. Just try to start a bedtime routine. Maybe a warm bath, then a little massage with lavender lotion, followed by quiet time with a bottle or nursing and then put her into bed with a security object, whether it be a pacifier or a special blanket. Since she goes to be around 11 normally, I would gradually get her to bed 30-45 minutes earlier so that it's not such a big change. It may take a few days longer, but it will eventually work out. Best of luck to you, I know that sometimes it seems like you just can't get any time to do anything you need to do, but trust me, enjoy the moments when they are little....it passes much to quickly and you miss it so much later on. <3 This too shall pass and before you know it she will be a toddler.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 11:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2009