Do you buy and wear second hand undies to save money??

I have always thought it was so nasty to see them in the second hand stores... Just EWWW! But then someone gave me a huge bag of baby stuff and there was cloth diapers in it. I thought that was just gross... I wouldn't use them. Then someone from CM said something about looking for them second hand to save money. I never imagined people actually bought that stuff used...

So, am I the only one that thinks second hand undies & Diapers are gross?? If I couldn't afford new, I wouldn't wear any... IS this really a way to save money??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• That would be a big EWWW to second hand undies and diapers YUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• you know, I don't go through underwear enough to need to buy second hand. I just wash and rewash the few that I have. About once every 6 months I will spring for the 7 dollar bag of hanes at walmart. But, no I don't buy second hand undies because I just don't need any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No, I won't wear second hand, however, sometimes my daughter did when she was younger. Up until about the age of 4, I think it's ok, but after that. YUUUK!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• no matter what age wearing second hand undies is gross...other clothes is ok like shirts pants shorts coat u kno even sneakers i think would b gross cus of the sweating issue1
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• No second hand undies or diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Those are things I would never wear second hand,,Bras, panties, or socks..I would never buy second hand shoes either.

Answer by louise2 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Uh no. Gross. I think if you wouldn't do it for yourself why would you do it for your child? Sorry I like buying undies too much. Its something that gets me excited :) I love Victorias secret semi annual sale! I have entirely too many undies but I can never stop buying them.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• i used hand me down diapers on mine. if you can trust the washing machine to be good enough to clean of your own germs how is someone eleses germs different? after all the chemicals found on some new clothes are much more dangerous.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think it's cheaper to buy a new pack of undies and diapers than to pay for medication and doctor appointments for a possible infection...just nasty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• umm...NO...thats just beyond me...i had a friend in middle school, her mom used to sew hers when they got holes around the elastic..i thought that was extreme because they had money beyond belief....her dad was a doc, and her mom worked!! they had more money than they knew what to do with, and yet they "repaired" undies instead of buying her more of a 5 dollar pack from sams club (thats what she wore)...

Wearing second hand personals is hazardous..there has been stories about a woman getting an infection from a bra from walmart that had been worn and returned..she somehow ended up with it and ended up with an infection and in the ER....its just a no no
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2009