SC, GOV, Mark Sanford, was MIA??

What do you think about this??

Asked by louise2 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was right,,He was having an affair..
    Married men do not go MIA,,from there families for a week.
    Without something being up

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• What is with that? First he said he went hiking and now he said he went to Argentina to 'drive the countryside'. He doesn't even tell his wife and he is gone during fathers day even though he has 4 kids?!? Someone needs to look into this.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think he either has a girlfriend or a boyfriend,, something is up !!!!

Answer by louise2 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I think we need to impeach him. I am tired of his BS. He embarrasses his constituents to no end. He is a major reason that our state's unemployment rate is in the double digits and that many of the people I know who just graduated cannot find jobs. He is giving a press conference at 2 pm today.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• He was in Argentina. He was also not out of communication - his chief of staff called him there and told him to come home early because people were freaking out about him changing his plans. It was a brilliant smear campaign against him though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• LOL We all need a break now and then.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• He isn't my Gov but he thinks just like my governor and I like him. Anyone who cried because he didn't want the strings attached to the unemployment part of the stimulus should be the ones who get to pay for the program after the money runs out in 18 months. It's utter greed or stupidity that people would get pissed off over a few extra bucks (if you even got to see it)now that your bankrupt state would have to cover after the stripulus money went away.
    I think it is all the doing of that idiot Leutenant Governor. Just like a true Dem. Nothing but lies and dirty tricks to get votes.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I thought he was "hiking somewhere along the 2200 mile Appalachian Trail?!" Now it's Argentina...or did Appalachian become Argentina through the telling of this story (like the game telephone?!) LOL

Either way, eccentric doesn't begin to explain this bizarre behavior especially when he has a HABIT of disappearing and not telling his family?! How does a person get to such a position of authority and not know this is unacceptable behavior?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• to itsmesteph11:

As you are not a resident of SC, I wouldn't expect you to understand the stimulus money issue in this state. You were obviously not aware of the fact that we would be paying back the money regardless of whether it was accepted. You must also be unaware of the fact that teachers were losing jobs esp first year teachers. You must also be unaware that our state, though the population of SC is about 3 mil, we have about the 2nd or 3rd in unemployment rates. The people of SC are suffering and he goes off, leaving no one in charge. If your kid's principal decided to just leave and let no one know, not even assistant principal, you'd be up in arms. So try to understand the situation. It's not a Repub./Dem issue; it's a "meeting the expectations of your job" issue.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Press conference is on FOX NEWS right now
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2009