Ideas on what might be going on with me baby?

My son is 7 weeks old today. He had been on a pretty good schedual, staying awake and content for several hours in the morning, then for two day (yestarday and the day before) he slept pretty much all day and night, really only waking to nurse, including sleeping almost 6 hours straight one night. Then today he has been cluster feeding all morning, and been trying to sleep, but if i put him down he wakes right up and fusses. Today if he is awake he is fussy and wont let me put himdown even to sleep. What could be going on?

joshsmomma77

Asked by joshsmomma77 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he maybe teething?
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 11:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Same thing happenned with my daughter! Dr. said its probably a growth spurt! Was your baby born on May 6th?
    hadisons_mommy

Answer by hadisons_mommy at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• growth spurt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I hope he's not teething at 7 weeks! I agree I bet he is going through a growth spurt and it's a little uncomfortable for him. He will probably get really tired and pass out.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• It's a growth spurt.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• My son has done this twice and he's only 4 weeks old. Each time he was nearly a pound heavier and an inch longer. It was a growth spurt. Hang in there it doesn't last forever.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Babies have a major growth spurt at 8 weeks....he is just gearing up for it! things will be back to normal soon.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2009